Tuesday, October 9, 2007

So, recently I have begun to truly embrace wikipedia. Anything you want to know, is there and for the most part it seems to be true. Even better, there are links to sources and links to places to go on the net to further research the chosen topic that usually dead-ends at amazon.com. i have to say that i love the logo.

look at it. it is simple and beautiful.

cisco has a commercial and in it, they show different parts of the world and how inter-connected they are through technology. there is a shot were they show a girl sitting in a halway on a laptop and she is quite obviously on wikipedia and the overdubbed voice mentions "book that write themselves" and i realized that that is the practical version of what wikipedia is.

i've been harping about linux, and now i'm harping about wikipedia. i guess that's what happens when i wrote blog posts at work. you can't get too emotionally involved with what you're writing b/c you'll be in the middle of it and then suddenly get a call.

don't get me wrong...there are plenty of things going on that warrant a long blog that lists a discussion between my self and myself. i know that there are many things that need to be addressed in my life by the fact that i cannot get a decent night's sleep to save my life. when i do sleep, i have dreams of running and being chased in bizarre situations. i wish i could stand away from them and watch them, but it's always me that's running. i want to make some kind of snarky comment that the guy who directs those films is really good, but what i really need to say is that there is something that is hunting me down from my subconscious. i cannot seem to escape and hoping that it will not find me does not make it less true.

of course, i have my suspicions about what it is that is haunting me. there are various things that i could point to. i'm self-aware enough to know, but smart enough to push these things down to where they don't affect me during the day.

i have to wonder if that's the trade. if i have the will to push things out of my mind that would torture me during the day, then maybe it's a trade-off and i have no choice; the thing will have me at night if it can't have me during the day.

the gym has been good about helping me to get more energy and to be more conscious of what my body is doing. i have fond that some spark in me that i had thought dead has re-ignited. i have the urge to create again. i have a couple of projects that i am thinking about working on. i'd like to do illustrations again. my first idea is for a cover for richard III by shakespeare, after that, maybe something for marlowe's faust and then some plates for dante's inferno.

dark and sinister is easy to do. it's a good place to put all of those pent up emotions that one can no longer safely express in the society that we live in.

i work in an office environment. people here are easily threatened and easily offended. the only way left to express the frustration and rage i feel against my daily life (the kind that i keep lock and key under anti-depressants) is in some form of art.

the reason that i am putting linux on my computer is so that i can maybe record some music and mix it together elliot smith style. there are supposed to be some really good music programs on ubuntu studio.

i was reading about elliot smith on wikipedia and I was reading about his life and listening to his music on my IPOD and thinking about the elliot smith tribute band I was in a few-3 years ago. I think there is some irony that directly after the show, I started back on meth after a month-long stretch on being clean.

i could write a whole blog just on elliot smith.

actually, i'm tired of writing like a whiny high schooler. i'd like to write about something else besides myself.

No comments: